Here’s what salon.com said about this short piece of street theatre: “It managed to punch right through my cynicism and show me that good things are still out there, and there are good people in the world. In a small way, I have a deeper understanding of what it is to be human because of the actions of 200 fellow humans in a train station in Belgium.”
"BEST HEART BLOG ON THE WEB!" . . . Dr. Stephen Parker
♥ All about women and heart disease - our #1 killer - from the unique perspective of CAROLYN THOMAS, a Mayo Clinic-trained heart attack survivor, blogger, speaker, women's health advocate
♥ Information for the general public, heart patients or their family members, health professionals, and all students of the heart
- 3,083,606 views so far from 190 countries
And so was this . . .
the most popular
- How does it really feel to have a heart attack? Women survivors tell their stories
- Why does your arm hurt during a heart attack?
- Am I having a heart attack?
- How women can tell if they're headed for a heart attack
- 12 cardiac symptoms you must never ignore
- Is it a heart attack - or a panic attack?
- Heart attack - or an attack of heartburn?
The next post
May 3, 2015 - “No, dear, it’s not your heart – it’s just _____”
Are you a priority in your own life - especially during a heart attack?
Registration now open! May 26, 2015 - Heartwarmings: Heart-Smart Women 10-11:30 a.m. PST, Monterey Centre, Victoria, BC, Canada. Free admission, open to all; this talk on women's heart health is always full with a waiting list so pre-registration is required by calling the Centre at (250) 370-7300. Mention Course Code #127105 when you register.
♥ Find out more about my presentations.
- Carolyn Thomas on Post-Traumatic Growth: how a crisis makes life better – or NOT
- Bethany on Post-Traumatic Growth: how a crisis makes life better – or NOT
- Jane on Women, controversial statin guidelines, and common sense
- Carolyn Thomas on Slow-onset heart attack: the trickster that fools us
- TL Miller on Slow-onset heart attack: the trickster that fools us
- Carolyn Thomas on ICD warning: defective defibrillator leads recalled
- Randy on ICD warning: defective defibrillator leads recalled
♥ Find out about emerging cardiac research and breaking news.
♥ The first WomenHeart Support Group program in Canada is being held at Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, BC on the third Wednesday evening of each month. Any woman living with heart disease is invited to attend. For more info, contact WH-BritishColumbia@womenheart.org
♥ What Women Survivors Want You to Know - The Heart and Stroke Foundation
♥ Many People Ignore Signs, Delay Treatment of Heart Attack - The Wall Street Journal
♥ When Doctors Make Bad Calls - The Globe and Mail
♥ Heartburn or a Heart Attack? - Ladies Home Journal
♥ A Woman's Heart - Diane magazine
♥ Two-Thirds of Americans Now Track Key Health Indicators - Everyday Health
♥ Carolyn Thomas: Heart Health Month CBC Radio: North By Northwest (my interview starts at 34:30)
♥ What Women Need To Know About Heart Attacks - Huffington Post
♥ Midnight Friends: How Wired Patients Are Transforming Chronic Illness – NPR “Commonhealth”
♥ Heart Disease Isn't Just For Men, After All - The Globe and Mail
♥ Video Games and Health - Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Anthology (p.22)
♥ The Surprising Way to Stay Safe in Hospital - Consumer Reports
♥ Heart Bypass Surgery: What Women Should Know - US News
the heart research
♥ If you're a woman living with heart disease, please consider participating in cardiac research to help improve diagnosis and treatment of women's #1 killer.
Just a little heart attack
The Ethical Nag: Marketing Ethics For The Easily Swayed
Please visit my other site.