Do you know this easy, cheap, safe way to limit the size of your heart attack?

2 May

It’s a common medical device, found in every ambulance, doctor’s office, perhaps even in your own home.  And simply blowing up a blood pressure cuff around your arm when you’re having a heart attack can reduce the amount of permanent heart muscle damage by up to one half, an international team of researchers co-ordinated from Toronto’s prestigious Hospital for Sick Children has found.

7 Responses to “Do you know this easy, cheap, safe way to limit the size of your heart attack?”

1. Hudson Hope April 29, 2012 at 11:56 am #

This is useful and so exquisitely simple. Don’t doctors know about this technique and why arent they telling their patients about it? I’m telling mine this week and also forwarding this to everybody I know. THANKS!

• Carolyn Thomas April 30, 2012 at 7:12 am #

It’s a good idea to help spread the word about this easy, non-invasive, inexpensive intervention as much as we can. Thanks HH!

2. Alec R. April 13, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

I’m going to buy a blood pressure kit today, thanks to this article!! Why aren’t we hearing more of this known intervention from the medical profession? We are hearing that we should now be buying AEDs for all public places – we should now add blood pressure kits to that defibrillator shopping list!

• Carolyn Thomas April 14, 2012 at 6:20 am #

I ask myself the same question, Alec. Why doesn’t EVERYBODY know about this?

3. Paige May 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

Incredible. Do all doctors and ambulance paramedics know about this technique? I’m forwarding this to everybody I know. Thankyou so much for this. Amazing!!!!1

4. Granny Annie May 3, 2010 at 6:52 am #

Another great tip. I love your blog and refer all the women I know to your site. You are truly doing a great service here.

1. Topsy.com - May 3, 2010

[…] This post has been retweeted on Twitter … Heart Sisters updates: Do you know this easy, cheap, safe way to limit the size of your:

What do you think?