Disclaimer about Heart Sisters
I am not a physician, nurse or member of the medical profession. The information on this site isn’t intended as a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for specific help with your own health.
Your private information should be kept private – if you contact me via this site, your e-mail address may be revealed to me, but I respect your right to privacy and won’t misuse, lend, sell or do anything evil with that contact info.
This website does not permit any paid advertising, banners, commercial content, sponsorship, undue influence or receipt of personal favours, and is entirely self-funded. I am not selling (or buying) anything, and have no conflicts of interest to report. Whenever I refer to book titles, which I often do when appropriate to a specific topic, my comments are based on my personal opinions and I am never paid or rewarded by anybody to mention any book. Opinions expressed here are just that: my personal opinions.
All readers’ comments published in response to my articles on this site reflect the opinions of those readers – not me. Every comment is moderated daily and pre-screened by me before approved for publication. Please give references or links for any health/medical information you provide in your comments, unless based on your own personal experience (defined as any experience you have undergone yourself). Make sure that any information you post here is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. Once published, your comments are visible to everybody on the internet who is reading this blog, and thus may be quoted elsewhere by others.
Reader comments cannot be modified once approved and published, although if you contact me and ask nicely, I will usually agree to remove a comment (only if requested by the original author of the comment).
All users here are expected to behave at all times with respect and honesty. If you choose to leave a comment about an article on this site, be aware that it is my prerogative to delete comments as I see fit, especially if they are mean-spirited, inappropriate, self-promotional or just plain stupid.
You are free to copy, reuse or share original content on Heart Sisters under these specific conditions:
- You must not through claim or implications suggest that you are the original author of the work. (Yes, this includes you, Lois Trader!)
- You must attribute the work to Carolyn Thomas http://www.myheartsisters.org but not in any way that suggests that she endorses you or your use of the work.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- All original material here written by Carolyn Thomas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License.
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
This page was created on 8/08/09 and last updated on 1/16/13
While you’re here, please visit my other site The Ethical Nag: Marketing Ethics for the Easily Swayed