Heart Sisters Posts From The Past
See the archives of all previous posts from:
;.. . . and for this year:
- When doctors can’t say: “I don’t know”
- “Everybody has plans ‘til they get punched in the mouth.”
- My blog post in the British Medical Journal!
- Doc chat: in the cath lab with a “radial evangelist”
- When thyroid problems masquerade as heart disease
- Why we ignore serious symptoms
- Is your doctor paying attention?
- Confessions of a non-compliant patient
- Can it be two years since my mother’s death?
- Jennifer’s story: her heart attack at age 36 “smacked her with her own mortality”
- Eileen’s story: “When my surgeon opened up my heart, my arteries disintegrated”
- Stress test vs flipping a coin: which is more accurate?
- Dr. John Mandrola: “AFib is your body talking to you”
- “I’m the least depressed person on earth, except when I’m depressed”
- Cardiac gender bias: we need less TALK and more WALK
- When your “significant EKG changes” are missed
- “The under-appreciated joy of making a meatloaf”
- Cardiac care for the whole patient – not just the heart
- How a heart attack can trigger PTSD
- What (not) to say when you’re visiting the sick
- Is your doctor talking to your other doctors?
- A motherless Mother’s Day
- The five questions your doctor is probably not asking you
- When drugs that help turn into drugs that harm
- Misdiagnosis: is it what doctors think, or HOW they think?
- How having a wife shortens time to heart attack care
- Convalescence: the forgotten phase of illness recovery
- Why you should hug your cardiologist today
- Hypervigilance: waiting for that second heart attack
- Are you a victim or a survivor?
- Who will take care of you at home if you’re seriously ill?
- Patient engagement as described by 31 non-patients
- “Us” vs “them”: the under-served patient speaks up
- We know we should do ____, but instead we do ____
- What women need to know about pregnancy complications and heart disease
- The day I made peace with an errant organ
- Why patient stories actually matter
- When we don’t look as sick as we feel
- Heart scans: the triumph of profit over science
- The hospital discharge race: is sooner always better?
- The freakish nature of cardiac pain (first of a 3-part series on pain)
- It’s Invisible Illness Awareness Week!
- Brain freeze, heart disease and pain self-management (second of a 3-part series on pain)
- Chest pain while running uphill (third of a 3-part series on pain)
- How intense grief increases your cardiac risk
- Feisty advice to patients: “Get down off your cross!”
- “You’ve done the right thing by coming here today”
- First we had peer review – and now patient review!
♥ ♥ ♥
While you’re here, why not read the fascinating Heart Sisters disclaimer page?