This Year’s Heart Sisters Posts
- The Sitting-Rising Test: what’s your score?
- Should you bring that list of questions to your doctor?
- 85% of hospital admissions for chest pain are NOT heart attack
- When we judge the poor the way we judge the chronically ill
- Heart disease is a sitting disease (excerpt from Dr. James Beckerman’s book Heart to Start)
- Were you “born to walk”? (a second excerpt from this book)
- “It’s no hobby. It is a vital service.”
- “I rang the bell again. No one came.”
- Patient bloggers at health conferences: ‘real’ journalists?
- Do we need to change the name of cardiac rehab?
- Post-Traumatic Growth: how a crisis makes life better – or not
- Yet another cardiac risk calculator? My response in the British Medical Journal
- When you have a family history of heart disease
- Are you a heart attack waiting to happen?
- The surprising reasons heart patients don’t go to cardiac rehab
- Living with heart disease – and your whole family
- My guest column in Stanford School of Medicine’s ‘Scope’
- Slow-onset heart attack: the trickster that fools us
- “I’m just not a pill person” – and other annoying excuses
- “It’s not your heart. It’s just _____” (insert misdiagnosis)
- “It’s a girl!!”
- Do you fear change? Then don’t have a heart attack
- When babies with congenital heart defects grow up
- Heart attack explained in 10 easy minutes
- When you know more than your doctors about your diagnosis
- Your Heart, Your Health: two hours in one fantastic picture
- Kindness in health care: missing in action?
- Non-inspirational advice for heart patients
- As if fear of dying weren’t bad enough . . .
- Deprescribing: fewer drugs, better health outcomes?
- When you’re the adult child of a heart patient
- Do you want the truth, or do you want “Fine, thank you”?
- A blogging challenge: 15 random facts about me
- The loss of ‘self’ in chronic illness is what really hurts
- Which patients does the “patient voice” represent?
- When a serious diagnosis makes you feel mad as hell
- A letter to my pre-heart attack self
- No, really – patient education that’s actually useful!
- I don’t want to talk about it…
- Oneupmanship: you think YOU have pain?
- Exhaustion: the ‘leaky emotion’ of chronic illness
- Most common heart attack signs in men and women
- Mandatory reporting of diagnostic errors: “Not the right time?”
- Invisible Illness Week – seeing what others can’t see
- Want the truth about what we eat? Ask our girlfriends…
- What kind of heart attacks do young women have?
- How Minimally Disruptive Medicine is happily disrupting health care
- Do you think you’re a “somebody”?
- The “emotional labour” of living with heart disease
- Six personality coping patterns that influence how you handle heart disease
- Carolyn’s Top 10 Tips on How To Treat Your Patients
- Heart palpitations: a serious problem or no big deal?
♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you for visiting Heart Sisters! Here’s how this site’s traffic has grown, from 27,000 views in 2009 to over 930,000 views in 2014.
While you’re here, why not read the fascinating Heart Sisters disclaimer page?