All Heart Sisters Posts
- The Sitting-Rising Test: what’s your score?
- Should you bring that list of questions to your doctor?
- 85% of hospital admissions for chest pain are NOT heart attack
- When we judge the poor the way we judge the chronically ill
- Heart disease is a sitting disease (excerpt from Dr. James Beckerman’s book Heart to Start)
- Were you “born to walk”? (a second excerpt from this book)
- “It’s no hobby. It is a vital service.”
- “I rang the bell again. No one came.”
- Patient bloggers at health conferences: ‘real’ journalists?
- Do we need to change the name of cardiac rehab?
- Post-Traumatic Growth: how a crisis makes life better – or not
- Yet another cardiac risk calculator? My response in the British Medical Journal
- When you have a family history of heart disease
- Are you a heart attack waiting to happen?
- The surprising reasons heart patients don’t go to cardiac rehab
- Living with heart disease – and your whole family
- My guest column in Stanford School of Medicine’s ‘Scope’
- Slow-onset heart attack: the trickster that fools us
- “I’m just not a pill person” – and other annoying excuses
- “It’s not your heart. It’s just _____” (insert misdiagnosis)
- “It’s a girl!!”
- Do you fear change? Then don’t have a heart attack
- When babies with congenital heart defects grow up
- Heart attack explained in 10 easy minutes
- When you know more than your doctors about your diagnosis
- Your Heart, Your Health: two hours in one fantastic picture
- Kindness in health care: missing in action?
- Non-inspirational advice for heart patients
- As if fear of dying weren’t bad enough . . .
♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you for visiting Heart Sisters! Here’s how this site’s traffic has grown, from 27,000 views in 2009 to over 930,000 views in 2014.
While you’re here, why not read the fascinating Heart Sisters disclaimer page?