In his online essay called This Won’t Hurt A Bit, cardiologist Dr. Eric Van De Graaff tells his own story of being a hospital patient after surviving a motorcycle accident while he was in med school. His experiences as a patient will sound very familiar to heart patients, and the lessons he learned while on the other end of the stethoscope may very well have made him a far better doctor. For example: Continue reading
"BEST HEART BLOG ON THE WEB!" . . ......... Dr. Stephen Parker
♥ All about women and heart disease from the unique perspective of CAROLYN THOMAS, a Mayo Clinic-trained women's health advocate, heart attack survivor, blogger, speaker
♥ Information for the general public, heart patients or their family members, health professionals, and all students of the heart
- 9,518,058 views so far from 190 countries
What does that mean?
the most popular
- 12 cardiac symptoms women must never ignore
- How does it really feel to have a heart attack? Women survivors answer that question
- Why does your arm hurt during a heart attack?
- How women can tell if they're headed for a heart attack
- Is it a heart attack - or a panic attack?
- When chest pain is "just" costochondritis
- Am I having a heart attack?
The next post
December 11, 2016: "More drugs, less talk for post-heart attack depression"
- Carolyn Thomas on A cardiologist’s advice on how to use this “wonder drug”
- CR on A cardiologist’s advice on how to use this “wonder drug”
- CPAPBabes on When your doctor mislabels you as an “anxious female”
- Carolyn Thomas on Pill splitting: which ones are safe to divide?
- Jenn on Pill splitting: which ones are safe to divide?
- Carolyn Thomas on Why I decided to start loving my grey hair
- Carolyn Thomas on 25 tips to manage the crushing fatigue of heart disease
♥ Find out about emerging cardiac research and breaking news.
♥ The first WomenHeart Support Group program in Canada is being held at Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, BC on the third Wednesday evening of each month. Any woman living with heart disease is invited to attend. For more info, contact WH-BritishColumbia@womenheart.org
♥ What Women Survivors Want You to Know - The Heart and Stroke Foundation
♥ Many People Ignore Signs, Delay Treatment of Heart Attack - The Wall Street Journal
♥ When Doctors Make Bad Calls - The Globe and Mail
♥ A Woman's Heart - Diane magazine
♥ Two-Thirds of Americans Now Track Key Health Indicators - Everyday Health
♥ Carolyn Thomas: Heart Health Month CBC Radio: North By Northwest (my interview starts at 34:30)
♥ What Women Need To Know About Heart Attacks - Huffington Post
♥ Midnight Friends: How Wired Patients Are Transforming Chronic Illness – NPR “Commonhealth”
♥ Heart Disease Isn't Just For Men, After All - The Globe and Mail
♥ Video Games and Health - Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Anthology (p.22)
♥ The Surprising Way to Stay Safe in Hospital - Consumer Reports
♥ Heart Bypass Surgery: What Women Should Know - US News
the heart research
♥ If you're a woman living with heart disease, please consider participating in cardiac research to help improve diagnosis and treatment of heart disease in women.
Just a little heart attack