In his online essay called This Won’t Hurt A Bit, cardiologist Dr. Eric Van De Graaff tells his own story of being a hospital patient after surviving a motorcycle accident while he was in med school. His experiences as a patient will sound very familiar to heart patients, and the lessons he learned while on the other end of the stethoscope may very well have made him a far better doctor. For example: Continue reading
"BEST HEART BLOG ON THE WEB!" . . . Dr. Stephen Parker
♥ All about women and heart disease - our #1 killer - from the unique perspective of CAROLYN THOMAS, a Mayo Clinic-trained heart attack survivor, blogger, speaker, women's health advocate
♥ Information for the general public, heart patients or their family members, health professionals, and all students of the heart
- 1,535,343 views so far from 190 countries
And so was this . . .
the most popular
- How does it really feel to have a heart attack? Women survivors tell their stories
- Why does your arm hurt during a heart attack?
- How women can tell if they're headed for a heart attack
- Is it a heart attack - or a panic attack?
- How women can have heart attacks without having any blocked arteries
- How soon are heart patients safely fit to fly?
- A cardiologist's advice on how to use this "wonder drug"
The next post
October 5, 2014 - Feisty advice to patients: "Get down off your cross!"
- Carolyn Thomas on How intense grief increases your cardiac risk
- Just Suze on How intense grief increases your cardiac risk
- Tired on When your doctor mislabels you as an “anxious female”
- Heart of a Southern Woman on Brain freeze, heart disease and pain self-management
- Carolyn Thomas on Why does your arm hurt during a heart attack?
- Charlotte Louise MILLS on Why does your arm hurt during a heart attack?
- Carolyn Thomas on Brain freeze, heart disease and pain self-management
♥ Find out about emerging cardiac research and breaking news.
♥ The first WomenHeart Support Group program in Canada is being held at Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria, BC on the third Wednesday evening of each month. Any woman living with heart disease is invited to attend. For more info, contact WH-BritishColumbia@womenheart.org
♥ What Women Survivors Want You to Know from The Heart and Stroke Foundation
♥ Many People Ignore Signs, Delay Treatment of Heart Attack in the Wall Street Journal
♥ When Doctors Make Bad Calls in The Globe and Mail
♥ Heartburn or a Heart Attack? in Ladies Home Journal
♥ A Woman's Heart in Diane magazine
♥ Two-Thirds of Americans Now Track Key Health Indicators - Everyday Health
♥ Carolyn Thomas: Heart Health Month CBC Radio: North By Northwest (my interview starts at 34:30)
♥ What Women Need To Know About Heart Attacks - Huffington Post
the heart research
♥ If you're a woman living with heart disease, please consider participating in cardiac research to help improve diagnosis and treatment of women's #1 killer.
Download this widget
Download this widget for your own site to help tell the world about Heart Sisters (thanks to Tabitha Todd for this lovely, unexpected gift)
COPY and PASTE THIS ON YOUR SIDEBAR: <code><strong></strong><a href="http://www.myheartsisters.org"><img title="Visit Heart Sisters" src="http://czthomas.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/hearts-sisters-logo.jpg" alt="" width="175" height="116" /></a>
Just a little heart attack
The Ethical Nag: Marketing Ethics For The Easily Swayed
Please visit my other site.