It’s my cardiac anniversary week! Here are some things about women and heart disease that I’ve learned since I was hospitalized following a heart attack on May 6, 2008.
- heart attacks are more deadly for women than for men
- heart attack symptoms can be more subtle for women
- heart research focuses on men, not women
- for women, depression and heart disease are strongly linked
- heart damage starts in your 20s (25-45 is the age coronary disease typically starts) Continue reading “Five shocking truths about your heart”