More coverage of my story of misdiagnosis and survival at:
- Denying The Signs,The Heart & Stroke Foundation, 2008
- Gender Does Matter in Heart Disease, Women’s College Hospital, 2009
- Interview With a Heart Disease Survivor: Carolyn Thomas U.S. government’s Office of Women’s Health newsletter, February 2010
- Carolyn Thomas, Heart Attack Survivor , Alive magazine, February 2010
- Health Bloggers You’ll Love, a More magazine piece featuring four Canadian women with health-related websites, February 2011
- Survivors and Medical Professionals Struggle to Inform Women About Heart Disease Wichita Public Radio KMUW interview for Go Red For Women Day, February 2011
- Myths Endure About Women and Heart Attacks, Victoria Times Colonist, February 10, 2011
- Are Women Left Behind in Heart Disease Research? – my March 12, 2011 interview with Catherine Morgan of Blogher
- The Heart of the Matter – a Patient Focus feature in the industry journal BioSupply Trends (see page 68), January 2012
- Heartburn or a Heart Attack? – in Ladies Home Journal, February 2012
- What Women Survivors Want You to Know from The Heart and Stroke Foundation, February 2012
- When Doctors Make Bad Calls in The Globe and Mail, February 2012
- Many People Ignore Signs, Delay Treatment of Heart Attack in the Wall Street Journal, April 2012
- Hospital Food Lacks Proper Nutrition – “The National” CBC News, July 2, 2012
- Two-Thirds of Americans Now Track Key Health Indicators – Everyday Health, January 28, 2013
- Carolyn Thomas: Heart Health Month – CBC Radio “North By Northwest” interview starts at 34:30, February 17, 2013
- What Women Need To Know About Heart Attacks – Huffington Post, September 12, 2013
- Carolyn Thomas: Heart Health Month – CBC Radio “North By Northwest”, approx 8 minutes, February 1, 2014
- Take Heart – Oak Bay News, February 14, 2014
- The Heart Attack Gender Gap – “The National” CBC News, March 19, 2014
- Midnight Friends: How Wired Patients Are Transforming Chronic Illness – NPR “Commonhealth”, WBUR Boston, May 2, 2014
- Nine Tips for Sharing Information With Your Physician – Medivisor, July 22, 2014
- Heart Disease Killing More Women Than Men – Cowichan News Leader, November 5, 2014
- Heart Disease Isn’t Just For Men, After All – The Globe and Mail, November 11, 2014
- Video Games and Health – Robert Woods Johnson Foundation Anthology (a biennial book series: starts on page 22) December 2014
- The Surprising Way to Stay Safe in Hospital – Consumer Reports, December 16, 2014 (not surprisingly, in the Don’t Worry About Being a Pest section)
- Heart Bypass Surgery: What Women Should Know – US News, January 23, 2015
- Women’s Health and Misdiagnosis – CKNW radio, January 23, 2015 (16 minute interview with host Simi Sara)
- Heart Attack Survivor Aims to Arm Women With Education – Oak Bay News, February 6, 2015
- Cardiac Rehab: Boosting Your Heart Recovery – US News, March 27, 2015
- Weekend Morning interview – CBC Radio interview with host Terry MacLeod, May 17, 2015
- Heartwarming Talk Returns To Monterey Centre – Oak Bay News, May 21, 2015
- Empowerment Comes From Knowledge At ‘Your Heart, Your Health’ – Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, May 25, 2015 (photo below)
- Raising Heart Disease Awareness Among Women – Global News BC, June 5, 2015 (interview starts about 1:10 into this clip – including the TV debut of my grandbaby Everly Rose at age 5 weeks!)
- When Working Becomes a Risky Business – Globe and Mail, July 13, 2015
- Improving Diagnosis in Health Care (video, 6:49)- Institute of Medicine, September 22, 2015
- This is Your Heart – National Post and (online) Personal Health News, February 19, 2016
- Why is Heart Disease in Canadian Women Still Being Missed? Globe and Mail, March 6, 2016.
- The Heart Sisters Blog: Feature Interview With Carolyn Thomas – EP Lab Monthly, April 2016.
- 2016 Experts by Experience: A Compilation of Patient Stories (my essay “Welcome To Your New Country” on page 8) – Stanford University School of Medicine/ Inspire, June 2016.
- Medical Research Has a Sex Problem – PBS “Nova”, July 2016.
- What You Need to Know About Stroke & Heart Disease, Canadian Living, February 2017.
- Talk Puts Women’s Heart Health in Focus, Oak Bay News, February 2017.
A screen shot showing the 14-fold bump in blog visitor traffic per hour during a CBC radio interview
♥ Here’s how to contact me