How many times has your heart beaten so far?

12 Jul

As I write this, my heart has beaten 2,382,051,24 times since the day I was born.

I also have taken 496,260,675 breaths since that day.

I know this because of a nifty little Beats & Breaths calculator tracker tool that I found online.

The beats and breaths calculator will amaze you, and may even leave you breathless.

In a typical minute, your heart beats about 72 times and you take in about 15 breaths. In terms of numbers for beats and breaths, that’s more than 4,000 heartbeats and 900 breaths in an hour.

And in your lifetime? Let this calculator do the math for you. By entering the month, day and year of your birth, you’ll get the total of all beats and breaths so far.

by Carolyn Thomas

5 Responses to “How many times has your heart beaten so far?”

1. Charlie Callow-moore February 18, 2017 at 1:19 pm #

I was born July 3rd 2005 at 14:45

• Carolyn Thomas February 18, 2017 at 7:25 pm #

Charlie – you have taken 91,781,460 breaths, and your heart has beat 440,551,008 times since you were born.

2. Sun Health Centre July 14, 2011 at 1:15 am #

Really good information of our heartbeats and breath; I found it very much exciting.

3. Joan Tryzelaar, M.D. July 12, 2011 at 7:24 am #

Like your calculator! Take a look at these:
    I’ll be back,
    Dr T

• Carolyn Thomas July 14, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

Thanks Dr. T for sharing these three cardiac risk assessment tools with us.
      Cheers,