The most beautiful 5 minutes and 22 seconds you’ll spend today…

1 Oct

The most beautiful five minutes and 22 seconds you will spend today. . .  Thank you to Sue Robins (@suerobinsyvr), Nancy Stordahl (@nancyspoint) and many others who have recommended this to me. A conscious break like this is especially important to the freshly-diagnosed heart patient – who can often feel overwhelmed by pessimism and fear.

After you experience the gorgeous images and words (from Benedictine monk and author Brother David Steindl-Rast), please share with us how they impacted you.

Q: What message did you like from this little film?

14 Responses to “The most beautiful 5 minutes and 22 seconds you’ll spend today…”

1. Prunie22 October 2, 2017 at 10:25 am #

This reminds me of the wonder and beauty that our Author and Creator has given us for our enjoyment!

2. Marjorie October 2, 2017 at 9:57 am #

That was 5 minutes of grace, peace and beauty. I am grateful. Today, right now I am well and I am happy.

• Carolyn Thomas October 2, 2017 at 2:59 pm #

A profoundly important reminder to be grateful for such moments, Marjorie…

3. Kit Filan October 2, 2017 at 7:40 am #

Thank you so much for this lovely gift. I really enjoyed it.

• Carolyn Thomas October 2, 2017 at 2:52 pm #

Thanks Kit – I think we need reminders like this, especially on days like today… ♥

4. Jennifer Reid October 1, 2017 at 9:17 am #

A beautiful beginning to my day. The concept of living as if this is the first day of your life…and living as if it is the last day of your life is a precious and valuable intention.

5. Jennifer Merhar October 1, 2017 at 6:39 am #

Looking for beauty, recognizing beauty takes the stress right out of you. Thank you.

• Carolyn Thomas October 1, 2017 at 6:48 am #

So true, Jennifer – it’s about both looking for and recognizing beauty around us… Thanks!

• Sandy Francis October 2, 2017 at 10:12 am #

Thank you for those beautiful and peaceful moments!

6. Lorraine Spinard October 1, 2017 at 5:33 am #

What beautiful and peaceful images. Life truly is a gift. Every day there is beauty to see and love surrounding us. I will try to “stop and smell the roses” and maybe I can bring a smile to someone’s face today.