This year’s posts
- What if I’d had my heart attack decades earlier?
- Heart attack: is it a clogged pipe or a popped pimple?
- Why don’t we listen to doctors’ heart-healthy advice?
- Depressed? Who, me? Myths and facts about depression after a heart attack
FEBRUARY 2016 ♥ It’s Heart Month! ♥
- Finally. An official scientific statement on heart attacks in women
- “It’s 2 a.m. and I think I’m having a heart attack”
- Marilyn Gardner’s “Stupid Phrases for People in Crisis”
- Bereavement eating: does grief cause carb cravings?
- “This is your heart” (My Heart Month interview)
- My open letter to “Patients Included” conferences
- Two ways to portray heart failure. One of them works
- Designing with the patient in mind
- Hysterical female? Just anxious? Or heart attack?
- Self-tracking device? Got it. Tried it. Ditched it.
- The myth of the heart disease cure
- Why doctors say ‘Yes!’ when they really mean ‘No!’
- What’s all that sighing, moaning and groaning about?
- Be your own hero during a heart attack
- Happy 8th Heart-iversary to me!
- Why we ignore serious symptoms
- Don’t take this personally, Doc…
- Why patients hate the C-word
- How two cardiologists discovered the Type A personality
- How social isolation is hurting your heart
- Guess which woman in this photo is having a heart attack
- How not to be an audience troll
- A beating heart frozen in time
- No blockages: living with non-obstructive heart disease
- 1 in 5 have this genetic risk factor for heart disease – but don’t know it
- Turning “Why me?” into “Why not me?”
- How these unique classes help to improve your Cardiac IQ
- Being sick doesn’t excuse being a jerk
- Pregnancy complications strongly linked to heart disease
- The “loss of self” in chronic illness is what really hurts
- How women can tell if they’re headed for a heart attack
- Don’t worry your pretty little head over your health care decisions
- ChronicBabe: living a kick-ass life despite chronic illness
- In praise of solitude after a heart attack
- Denial and its deadly role in surviving a heart attack
- How we adapt after a heart attack depends on what we believe the diagnosis means
♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you for visiting Heart Sisters! Here’s how this site’s annual traffic has grown, from 27,000 views in 2009 to over 3.6 million views in 2015.
While you’re here, why not read the fascinating Heart Sisters disclaimer page?