Heart Sisters Posts From The Past
- How to stare down that plate of chocolate chip cookies
- Misdiagnosis: the perils of “unwarranted certainty”
- Take your pick: carrots, eggs or coffee beans?
- Could heart disease have its roots in your mother’s womb?
- Homicide in the E.R. – the tragic case of Beatrice Vance
- If I’d had my heart attack decades ago . . .
- Listen up, ladies: 16 things I’ve been meaning to tell you
- Your heart health: “Make time now, so you can have time later!”
- Women live longer – but not healthier – lives than men
- Why don’t patients listen to doctors’ heart-healthy advice?
- Why feel helpless about your coronary artery disease?
- Six Rules for navigating your next doctor’s appointment
- When your mother dies
- How our girlfriends can help us get through the toughest times
- A zebra among horses
- Bereavement eating: does grief cause carb cravings?
- Squishing, burning and implanting your heart troubles away
- Too embarrassed to call 911 during a heart attack?
- Would it kill you to treat your patients with respect?
- Coronary Microvascular Disease: a “trash basket” diagnosis
- The unforgettable diagnosis: “You’re having a heart attack!”
- How a heart attack turned me into an “information flâneuse”
- Coping with your partner’s ICD and heart disease
- “Smile, Though Your Heart is Aching” – is fake smiling unhealthy?
- A second opinion from Dr. Google
- Why you’ll listen to me – but not to your doctor
- Heart disease within “the comfort of denial”
- What’s the single biggest health threat women face?
- How runaway stress hurts your heart – and your brain
- Are you reading this sitting down? Don’t!
- Taking aspirin at first sign of heart attack: good or bad advice?
- Former BMJ editor: “Doctors are not interested in health”
- A poem for heart attack survivors
- A motherless Mother’s Day
- Those curious cardiac enzymes
- Khan Academy’s crash course on heart disease
- Did you really need that coronary stent?
- 11 fascinating facts about your heart
- Why aren’t more doctors like Dr. Bernard Lown?
- A heart patient’s positive attitude: a “crazy, crazy idea”?
- Jenni’s wise advice for your next hospital stay
- Reliable health info from the ‘medically unqualified’?
- Where’s the “survivorship” model for heart patients?
- “Welcome to Holland!”
- Avoiding avoidable care
- Should you eat that bacon?
- My debut on the national news
- A wife’s heart disease teaches her husband a big lesson
- What sudden cardiac arrest looks like
- No such thing as a “small” heart attack
- How life’s worst tragedies turn into great speech material
- Three types of heart happiness defined
- How working – and not working – affects heart disease risk
- A PhD from the U of Mom
- When being married makes being sick worse
- Finding the funny when the diagnosis isn’t
- Misdiagnosed: women’s coronary microvascular and spasm pain
- How hot weather hurts our hearts
- ICD warning: defective ‘Riata’ defibrillator leads recalled
- How women can tell if they are heading for a heart attack
- Why doctors shouldn’t call it the “waiting” room
- “School’s in!” every day for heart patients
- 30 little things about my invisible illness you may not know
- My lowly beginnings as an empowered patient
- “Is my bra too tight?” – a poem for heart patients
- A heart film to watch before “Pinktober” arrives
- World Heart Day: focus on women and children
- Doctors who aren’t afraid of “Medical Googlers”
- A rock drummer’s take on atrial fibrillation
- When the elephant in the room has no smartphone
- Get off that couch and “walk the heart walk”
- Six steps to stop emotional eating
- On being a (former) runner
- Learning to love your heart bypass scar
- Looking good for your doctor’s appointment: oui ou non?
- Three women, one heart attack and a sound asleep husband
- How can we get heart patients past the E.R. gatekeepers?
- A doctor’s perspective: 10 worst hospital design features
- How world-class health care works – or not
- How do patients know if their docs “will never be good”?
- 10 things I didn’t know about angioplasty until I read this book
- Making heart-healthy decisions: are you on autopilot?
- Why don’t patients take their meds as prescribed?
- 25 tips to manage the crushing fatigue of heart disease
- Live to 100? No thanks!
- The Christmas truce – 1914
- If December 25th is your birthday . . .
- A year in review: top 10 Heart Sisters posts for 2012
♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you for visiting Heart Sisters! Here’s how this site’s traffic has grown, from 27,000 views in 2009 to over 3.6 million views in 2015.
While you’re here, why not read the fascinating Heart Sisters disclaimer page?